Sunday, April 25, 2010

creamy rice pud receipe

A few people have asked for more info on it. So here is what I’m up to so far. I have taken a few pics nothing too fancy I will try and post them too.

I must point out…I don’t sell these pots so this is an independent view of it.

I bought this just over a week ago I didn’t know too much about it, it had hardy been used by it’s previous owner normal price for the biggest one ..6lt is $295 I got it for $100.

This has to be one of the best investments I have ever made.

We don’t go camping but when we do decide to travel I can see it be very handy.

I use it for home use to cut down on my fuel bills.

I didn’t get a recipe book with it the seller couldn’t find it to buy one will cost $25.00.

I have googles Dream Pot and found a video demonstration which I found was very helpful

And lots of recipes I have c&P to my pc the ones I think my Family would enjoy.

I have tried some also tried experimenting with some of my Family favs.

The 1st thing I tried making was a veg soup.

I had some stock left over from silverside I had cook in the pressure cooker the night before getting the Dream Pot so I used that stock with a mix of fresh veggies.

The simple way to cook anything is to have the pot 80% full.

I Heat up the pot with it’s contents then boil with most things 8-10 mins then place in the Dream Pot insulated base, close lid and forget about it.

Great if you make something in the morning that you want for dinner after work that night.

Just like a slow cooker but without any power ect..I think it is fantastic

if it is not that full use the smaller inner pot for something else like veggies or pudding

I made up my normally creamy rice pudding mix

1 x can carnation evaporated milk

2 x cans of water (use can from evap fill with water )

About 1.1/2 x cup of rice..( I never measure)

4 x dessert spoons sugar

A good sprinkle of nutmeg

A piece of butter

A dash of vanilla (optional)

Bring to the boil in small pot stirring most of the time

Boil gently a few moments and open Dream Pot take lid of lower pan

(that would have something in it)

Place lid on small pot place in Dream pot on top of larger pot close lid. Leave it.

Rice takes about 1-2 hours.. leave till other item is cooked rice will not burn or spoil.

1 comment:

  1. I have made this rice pud a few times since the 1st.
    I have measured the rice.
    only 3/4 cup is needed or it will be too thick.
    so if following my recipe please only use
    3/4 cup of medium grain rice.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete