Friday, April 30, 2010

Cottage Pie



Cottage pie.
As I have said before I don't always measure I use guess work. With this cottage pie the amount of mince I used was over 1 kg. to that I added
1 large onion. about half a pack home brand mix veggies. gravy mix. oyster sauce about teaspoon.
couple of shakes of worster sauce.
hot water to cover.
bring to the boil keep stirring to prevent the gravy mix from sticking on the bottom of pan.
steady boil for about 10 mins.
pop into DP.
I made this late afternoon and took it out of DP in
just before going to bed. leaving Hubby a note to pop it in the fridge when he got home from work.
I had hoped to do the potatoes in the smaller pot when at the same time but I had too much in the big pan that I could not fit the small pan on top.
The following day I put potatoes in the large pot and a creamy rice pud in the small pan.
once potatoes where cooked I mashed them with milk butter and grated cheese.
placed mince mix into dish top with mash. then pop under the grill to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment