Sunday, April 25, 2010

roast beef


The next day I tried Rice in the larger pot. (best rice I have ever cooked/boiled)

And spicy beef in the smaller pot.

Rice was cooked in 1hour but I left it there so the spicy beef would be thoughtly cooked.

It was a very easy recipe from the web site.

Next I bought a BBQ chick for dinner.

I took all the meat off the carcass put the carcass in the large pot covered with water brought to the boil ..boiled for 10mins and into the DP it went.

For the smaller pot I tried an egg custard but this didn’t turn out, I need to experiment some more.

After cooked time I left the pot out of the DP to cool enough before going in the fridge.

Next day I took all bones out of stock and put in veggies ect to make a chicken soup.

The egg custard that did not turn out I added rice to it and brought to the boil.

Placed in DP on top of larger pot.. both turned out great.

Then for the challenge of roasting a piece of beef..hmm I thought this should be interesting.

I didn’t have any oven bags so I had to buy some.

Flour bag place in mixed herbs I used soy sauce to help give it a brown look as I didn’t know how it would turn out. Hubby complained as the juices from it to make the gravy was too “hot” for him.

I tasted the meat it was nice and tender.

Place the tied up bag in large pot. Cover with hot water. I then placed some large potatoes, carrots and an onion in the water. Then again a creamy rice pud in the top pot. ( love that pud)

Friday I got some beef bones so again in the big pot. Boil 10 mins and into DP close lid.

After cooked cool pan place in fridge till next day.

Saturday I took the meat off the bones then added veggies, oxo’s ect brought to the boil 10 mins and into the DP.


No comments:

Post a Comment