Sunday, April 25, 2010

Silverside and veggies


more info on my experiments. I cooked silver side and root veggies (spuds carrots ect)in the big pot.
problem is I did not boil it for long enough 1st.with silverside cover with hot water bring to boil. keep boiling for 10 mins then add whole veggies boil 10 mins I don't think I did it for that long.
I checked the DP after 5 hours but I wasn't happy with the meat. not as tender as I like it from the pressure cooker, so I took the pot out of the DP and boiled it up again then put it back in the DP and went to bed.
Next morning I took it out of the pot, photoed it... cooled it a bit and popped it in the fridge while I went to work.
For the evening meal I chopped the potato and shallow fried it. sliced the silverside bur I was a bit disappointed with it.
I don't know if it was the cut of meat or the cooking. the meat was a little tough with a lot of gristle I always buy it from IGA and it is always nice but not this time, it is always hard to see into the plastic wrap to pick a nice piece. Mum and Hubby said the whole meal was beautiful the parsnips were lovely too and the gravy. (made from water meat and veg had cooked in).

because this time the silver side was not as good as I like it, it will not put me off I will try again hopefully with a better cut of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment