Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fried Fish with Cauliflower

For a change we decided to have deep sea cod, fried.
Now I don't think I could do this in the Dream Pot, I could use the small pan but no I'll use the fry pan on the stove.
I planned on doing the fish about 5pm but I knew I would be busy about that time so I prepared the veggies about 1pm to save time later this is where the Dream Pot came in very handy.
I cut and cleaned the cauliflower put it in the large pot covered it with boiling water then let it boil while I prepared the potatoes, I quarter them so I could get lots in the small pot I had the kettle boiled ready, place spuds in small pot cover with boiling water leave to boil. during this time the cauli is nicely boiled I know if I left it a bit longer it would be cooked enough but I'm not ready for it yet so in the DP it goes lid on close DP, spuds started to boil, leave them a bit longer read junk mail okay should be ready now open dream pot take off lid place on spuds move small pot on top of large pot close lid back to work on pc forget about dinner all is ok.
about 5pm open DP ..yes spuds are done, drain water add grated cheese (straight from freezer) a knob of butter some milk replace lid close pot.
In plastic bag place some flour, salt and pepper, in goes a piece of fish coat with flour mix into hot frypan same with next piece of fish I saved some small potatoes from small pan before I added the cheese these are now in the frypan with the fish. back to dream pot.
Take out small pot place on heat mat on bench, take out cauliflower, drain place back in pot to keep hot, mash potatoes till nice and creamy place back in dream pot.
turn over fish. set table. make cheese sauce (packet mix) I kept some of the cauli water to mix with sauce. then serve all ready.
The Mash is for the left over mince mix I made last time so I can make another cottage pie.
Think smart.... I like to fill the dream pot make the most of it.
When I'm home from work like at the weekends I find I might want a break from house work or pc but it is too early for the evening meal this is when I will prepare veggies or pudding and put it in the dream pot this saves me some time closer to the meal time it makes it all so much easier.
no pics this time you all know what a pan of boiled potatoes or cauliflower looks like...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment