Friday, May 7, 2010

BBQ chicken soup

Bought a 2 BBQ chickens for dinner and lunches what I do is break the chicken up take all the bones out of it and place in the Dream Pot, some of the skin too cover with water and boil on the stove. Keep a steady boil about 15 mins then into the DP.

Took out of DP after about 4 hours, cooled then put the pot in the fridge until the next day.

Today I took the pot from the fridge put it on the stove just to warm up a little so the chicken juices are juices again and not a block of jelly then strain into a colander over a large bowl.

I also have two jugs with a plastic bag in each. 1 is for the bones for the rubbish bin and the other for the bits of fat, skin and bits of dark meat I don’t want in the soup these are for the dog.

The juice goes back in the Big pan with meat from the bones /carcasses

Add 3 carrots,

1 bunch of Chinese veggie,

3 small onions,

celery about 2 storks (from freezer)

Stuffing from the BBQ chicken

1 chicken oxo

Boiling water added to chicken stock to cover.

Boil, steady boil about 12 mins.

While this was boiling guess what else I prepared…yes…rice pud..lol

I have never made so many rice puddings, they never go to waste I even took some to work in a small container and heated it up in the microwave and had it after my pork sandwiches.

This soup is in the pot right now.

It is for the dinner today, I will let you know tomorrow how it turns out.

Okay today Sunday reporting back on the BBQ chicken soup... it was a success. turned out nice and tasty. recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment