Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spicey Ginger Cake,...flop

My first real Flop...LOL.
I know I have made a ginger cake in the dream pot before and that was very tasty this time I tried a different recipe. mixed ...boiled and in the DP by 5pm.
on going to bed about 9pm I checked on the cake....no...not done in the middle so back on the stove to boil... back in the DP and off I go to bed.
5 am before heading off to work I check it again...looked good...but no....the middle was not done I put it on a plate and covered it with alfoil until I got home from work.
I scooped out the center and put it in a pudding bowl and in the microwave...4 mins...nope....another 2mins. yep done I had some tonight with custard it was a little bit rubbery but tasted good.
My next plan of attack is to check all the boil/steady boil times for every food type and list those here so I can find them easily..
i've been a bit slack posting this week. too much food to get through that I have cooked in the DP.
Tomorrow I plan to try Steak and Kidney......stay posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment