Sunday, May 2, 2010

STEAMED GINGER PUDDING



STEAMED GINGER PUDDING

The darkness on it is the Treacle.

1/3 cup treacle

125 grams softened butter

1/3 cup brown sugar

3 eggs

1 ¼ cup SR flour

1 tbsp ground ginger

1 tsp ground cinnamon

½ tsp ground cloves

½ tsp ground nutmeg

¼ cup sour cream (I used Yoghurt)

¼ cup of chopped crystallized ginger ( I used preserved ginger from a jar) only coz I had some.

Serve with ice cream or custard.

Use suitable sized cake pan/ dish

Drizzle half the treacle into the base.

Use electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and remaining treacle until pale and creamy.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.

Add the flour, all the spices, mix

Add sour cream/yoghurt and ginger. Stir to combine.

Spoon the mixture into prepared pan/dish smooth surface with back of spoon.

Use baking paper make pleats in the center place over pudding secure with kitchen string.

This is a normal steam pudding recipe that I used in the Dream pot.

The pan I used is the same one I used for other puddings it has a loose bottom which is not good so I place the pan into an oven bag to prevent the water getting into the pud until I find a more suitable dish/pan.

For a trivet I use the one from my pleasure cooker it is a perfect fit.

If cooking the normal way cooking steam time is about 1 ½ hours BUT I am trying this in the Dream Pot. Into the large pot with my pan in the oven bag pour on boiling water place on stove boil, keep a steady boil about 12 mins and into the DP, lid on close cover. Off I went to bed.

In the morning took out of the DP placed on cooling rack took out of oven bag, and out of loose bottom pan (that is where this pan is handy) take base off pudding place on plate cool enough to go in fridge.

Later that day I made custard, just in a pan on the stove, placed pud in dish, sapped in microwave to reheat it poured on custard….BEAUITFUL ..hmmm yum.

Ohh that ginger taste gorgeous…… still drooling at the thought of it. I will be making that one again.

So much better in the Dream pot then waiting for it to steam in a normal pan. No steam all over the house either…no noisy pan bubbling away.

No comments:

Post a Comment